Every organization has a culture that distinguishes it, identifies it, guides its actions and ways of doing, and governs its perceptions and the image that held of it. Cultural manifestations are, in turn, categories of analysis through which cultural diagnosis can carry out. All organizational study, which aims for changes or development, must have an analysis of the situation of the current state of the phenomena. They do not escape the diagnosis of the organizational culture.
Social cognition covers the study of how people explain their own behavior and that of others, and studies the effect of all these processes on thinking and motivation. The organizational culture guides the employees of the organization and gives guidelines about how people should behave within it. There is evidence that in several organizations behavior is so strong that one can see how people’s behavior changes the moment they pass through the doors of the company. Transforming the way they behave, depending on the context in which they operate.
The culture can study within a consultancy process, in a strategic design, or structure or in any process of change in which it desired to know certain elements that impede or favor it. Some statements that can expose in relation to the importance of knowledge, study and deepening of Culture in the Organization are the following:
- Achieve a more lasting change in the organization
- Create the need to improve the organization
- Facilitate changes in methods and styles through self-knowledge.
- Create the need for behavioral modifications and acquisition of new skills
- Achieve greater control of resources and comprehensive organization
- Mobilize human resources in the identification of problems and search for creative solutions
- Improve individual and group work
- Create capacity for self-diagnosis and self-design of the business strategy.
This type of study aimed at the search for organizational improvements in correspondence with the projected Vision. It will create certain conditions to make viable the cultural change in the organization. The above requires taking into account the following suggestions:
- Have a high direction that is positive models (mark behaviors)
- Create or replace rites, habits
- Select, promote and support workers who adopt the desired new values.
- Redesign the learning processes in accordance with the desired values, as support of the vision.
- Change the reward system to encourage acceptance of new values.
- Replace non-written standards with strict compliance rules and regulations.
- Cram the existing subcultures through a large rotation of employees.
- Work with consensus through participation, a climate of trust, commitment.
Politics and power can influence individual and team behavior and performance:
It is a phenomenon intrinsic to human relationships and social life. It is the ability to influence or impose Differential possession, access or control of material and symbolic resources. It respects prestige, popularity, knowledge. It takes forms that range from violence to the assumption unconscious of the domain of the other. It defined as a domain capacity over for the power to act. It consists in imposing your will on others, imposing obedience or submission, despite resistance. In our society, many times you learn that power exercised being the strongest. It is not so important what power is but what power does. It is not always visible and manifest we are not always able to know who the one who exercises power is.